Description: Join the Immigrant Legal Resource Center for a full-day training with our very own Ilyce Shugall, to learn how to assist immigrant survivors of domestic violence and other crimes, including when to apply for a U visa vs. self-petitioning under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), the requirements for both, the process for both, and practice tips for working with clients.
Training materials and MCLE credit will be provided.
Date: Tuesday, March 21
Time: 9 am – 5 pm (registration begins at 8:30 am)
Registration Deadline: March 11 by 3 pm
MCLE: 6.5 CA
Fee: $285 Regular / $165 Nonprofit
Place: State Bar of California, 180 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Angel Graf, Supervising Attorney – Immigration Center for Women and Children
- Mary Beth Kaufman, Partner – Law Offices of Stanton & Kaufman
- Sally Kinoshita – Deputy Director, ILRC
- Catherine Seitz, Legal Director – Legal Services for Children
- Ilyce Shugall, Directing Attorney, Immigration Program – Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto